Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Cheap Option for making a Kumihimo Disk

I have a new video on YouTube on some options for making and getting a Kumihimo disk. Anyone who has been looking for a disk knows they cost between $8.00 and $15.00 online plus shipping. I do not know about you but I just can not afford this option. I did a bit of research and found a way to make a disk for under $3.00 and I found a disk that is almost exactly the same as the Kumihimo disk for under $2.00 at Wal-Mart. I explain everything in this little video. The template in the video is located here:
Kumihimo Template I do not use cardboard as she tells you to. What I did was I went to Michael's craft store and purchased a foam board and glued it to that and cut it out.


Once you have done a Kumihimo braid yourself you will see just how labor intensive this braid truly is and you will have a greater respect for handmade artists that make these wonderful bracelets and necklaces for sell. I have a wonderful bracelet on my ArtFire Shop for sell and it is a beaded Kumihimo.


Pink and Green Beaded Kumihimo Bracelet with Love Charm, Handmade





Until Next time!!
Jennifer
AZ Desert Creations


No comments: