Friday, April 16, 2010

Todays Featured Artisan is KaoticKrafter

Today's Featured Artisan is KaoticKrafter. Lets get to know the artist.

What is your name?
My name is Kristina and I am a craft addict.
How did you become a craft addict?
It all started back in October of 2009. I was stressed out and life seemed to be crazy. Some would turn to drink, some to drugs. Me, I chose to crochet. It didn't take long for it to take over my life. I couldn't get enough. I would crochet in the car, in front of the t.v., at the doctors office. You name it, I would try to crochet there. Addicted yes, still stressed out and running a crazy life? No way.
What does your craft mean to you?
Crochet seemed to be my gateway craft. Since then I have dabbled/ become addicted to many different forms of crafting and creating. I will spare you from the boring details of ALL the crafts I have tried out, but I will tell you this. I LOVE to recycle and craft at the same time.
What is your favorite materials to work with?
My favorite materials to work with right now are recycled wool sweaters and paper. I really enjoy taking all the junk mail, bills, fliers, newspapers, and other unwanted papers that come into my house and turn them into new, useful, and fun things.

I also really enjoy working with recycled sweaters. I find it fascinating that I can throw 5 100% wool sweaters into my washer machine, wash them in hot water, and they will all come out a different texture of felt. Amazing. And I can turn that felt into some pretty fun and amazing things.

There are lots of other crafts I really enjoying doing. That is why I run a shop called KaoticKrafter :)

Kristina has lots of wonderful items in her Studio. Lets take a look at a few of them.



*Fabric Flowers* $3.00


Paisley Power Brag Book $6.00



There are many other great items in her studio. Pop over and take a look around at KaoticKrafter. :)

As for me I will be adding some new items later on today. I made a wonderful new heart necklace from polymer clay and really fun matching earrings. Keep an eye out for all the new great handmade goodies in my studio. All profits go to pay for infertility treatments. As always thank you for your support.

Jennifer 

1 comment:

Tina said...

Yeah, my time being featured!! Thanks so much!!